Monday, May 1, 2017

Virtual Book Tour: Authors To Watch: Daryl-Jarod, author of 'Silk: The Complete Trilogy'





Daryl-Jarod is an Amazon best-selling author, recording artist, and actor. Born and raised in Hopkins, South Carolina, he always had big dreams of pursuing a career in entertainment.

As a child he'd write short stories and songs, which later aided him in transitioning into the talented storyteller he is today. His writing career all began with a short poem he composed in third grade entitled, "My Teacher is Neat", which was selected to be featured in a publication of poems from talented students throughout the state. The encouragement of his mother, teachers, and peers, pushed him to continue writing.

Years later, he is now the author of Silk, an acclaimed erotic series that debuted atop of Amazon's Best-Seller Erotica charts. With many more book releases in the works, he has also displayed his skills as a singer-songwriter and rapper on his debut mixtape, "The Liberation of Daryl-Jarod". Despite consistently maintaining a busy schedule, he always kept his acting goals in sight as he graduated from Coker College with a BA in Theatre Performance.

Daryl-Jarod is hard at work on various new literary projects and his upcoming EP.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK




From the vivid imagination of Daryl-Jarod, comes the long-awaited collection of the Amazon Best-Selling erotic series, Silk. Included are all 24 original jaw-dropping erotic stories, along with the brand-new tale, Pink Fortress, which reveals just how outrageously wild things become when an Uber driver falls for a sultry passenger. Sit back, relax, grab a lover and unwind, as Daryl-Jarod takes you on a wild erotic ride filled with unfaithful lovers, lustful thrills and the truly astounding power of romance and love. Caution! Erotica just got hotter!

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m an erotic romance author, singer-songwriter, and actor from Hopkins, South Carolina. As a child, I was well aware that I wanted to pursue a career in entertainment. I’d sing around the house day in and day out and daydream about being able to prosper as an actor, like I’d seen so much on television. 

When did you begin writing?

I started writing at a very early age. The earliest I can date back to is fourth grade. I wrote a poem entitled, “My Teacher is Neat”, that was chosen to be included in a compilation of poems written by students all over the state. I’ve been writing ever since.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

I normally just go with the flow when it comes to each project. I rarely ever plot out the full story. I just start writing from the first idea that pops up in my head and allow the plot to thicken as I go.
I’m a night owl, so I’m normally in my bedroom typing the night away. I’ve discovered my most creative thoughts and ideas come to fruition in these hours.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

“Silk: The Complete Trilogy”, is the complete set of my Silk eBook series. This release marks the first time the series has been in print, so I’m pretty excited about that. Readers can also enjoy a new story entitled, “Pink Fortress”. It’s about an undeniable connection that immediately develops between an Uber driver and his mesmerizing passenger.

How did you get the idea for the book?

The first volume of Silk started out with only one or two stories. It wasn’t until I got to college that I decided to develop them into a book. From there I self-published, released two more volumes, and here we are with the trilogy edition.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

My favorite character can be found in the short story entitled, “Until the End of Time”. This character wasn’t given a name but I admire him for how much he genuinely loves his wife. His wife, the love of his life, is on the brink of death after suffering through cancer for over a year. He’s wise enough to know his time with her is limited and does his absolute best to show her how much he loves her. I guess that’s the hopeless romantic in me that makes me truly appreciate a bond so powerful. 

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

Writing the book was pretty much a breeze. I didn’t really face any difficulties getting it written. But I think the most challenging thing about the overall process was preparing it for print solely alone. I did hire a graphic designer for the cover and had some really good friends serve as beta readers. But everything else, from the formatting to uploading was done by me. And I believe next time, I might hire someone to help make the process a bit easier. Lol!

Which authors have inspired your writing?

So many authors have inspired me. Urban authors like Zane, Cairo, E. Lynn Harris, and Carl Webber are just a few. 

What projects are you currently working on?

Currently, I’m preparing my next release, “Sweat”. And I’m also working on new music that will be out later this year as well.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

Never stop writing! Try to write as much as possible so you can always be releasing new material. I truly believe consistency is key to building a faithful fan base. 


No comments:

Post a Comment